Realistic CBRN Training and Reliable Live Protection
The Source CBRN Hydration System offers highest CBRN protection beyond international standards while including all advantages of our conventional Hydration Systems. It allows the soldier to connect his gas mask securely to the CBRN protected source of hydration. Our CBRN bladders are lab-tested and approved for CBRN environments, in addition to featuring all the advantages of the conventional SOURCE Hydration Systems. Source has developed an extremely reliable and secure CBRN Hydration System which offers highest CBRN protection beyond international standards and meets the official US Army CBRN hydration protection requirements.
- CBRN Bladder: The co-extruded multilayer PTB bladder combines an exclusive Glass-Like liner with a chemical warfare agent barrier. This unique technology ensures a high level of protection against chemical and biological threats while maintaining the taste-free and low-maintenance qualities of the conventional Source Hydration Systems; the EasyCap allows for quick and onehanded filling of the bladder.
- CBRN Tube: The insulated IRR covered co-extruded tube with embedded antimicrobial offers CBRN protection while keeping liquids cool, taste free and bacteria resistant.
- Gas Mask Link GML: The GML is a secure one-piece mask adaptor designed for drinking while wearing a protective gas mask. It features a manual shutoff valve to prevent accidental backflow. The Source CBRN Hydration Systems are compatible to gas masks Type A, F or M as well as Threadlock or customized systems
- CBRN Quick Connector (Optional): The CBRN Quick Connector allows for the flexible exchange of the bladder at one end and to switch between GML and Helix or Storm Valve at the onder end of the CBRN Tube
Source CBRN Doctrine
When it comes to CBRN scenarios, we consider 4 modes of operation:
Mode 1: Training
Source offers different solutions to enable a highly realistic CBRN training experience without wearing down the original CBRN bladder.
In order to simply practice assembling the CBRN Hydration System and drinking with the gas mask, we offer a Level 1 Training Kit, consisting of a conventional bladder and a CBRN tube which features a Quick Connector at the drinking end. The soldier can connect either the GML to the Quick Connector for training or the standard Helix or Storm Valve for drinking whenever the gas mask is not worn. For the CS gas drill, we have developed the Level 2 Training Kit. It includes a conventional bladder and a CBRN tube with an integrated GML for enhanced protection when the soldier is exposed to the gas. Whenever the gas mask is removed, a special version of the Helix or Storm Valve enable the soldier to drink from the bladder.
Source offers Training Kits for gas mask Type A, F and M.
Mode 2: Low Alert
During Low Alert the CBRN equipment, including the CBRN Hydration System, is issued to the soldier, but not actively used. The soldier has the gas mask and CBRN Hydration System on him, but still uses conventional gear.
Mode 3: Readiness
Mode 3 describes a situation with a significant probability of a CBRN threat. The soldier is alert and on standby and the CBRN equipment, including the CBRN Hydration System, is in use. The special Helix or Storm Valve, which connect to the GML, allow the soldier to drink from the CBRN bladder, without connecting the Hydration System to the gas mask. The special CBRN Helix or Storm Valve are compatible to GML of Type A, F or M.
If the CBRN Hydration System is used without exposure to a CBRN hazard over an extended period, Source will not guarantee CBRN protection after 21 days.
Mode 4: High Alert and CBRN Exposure
In case of a CBRN Alert, the CBRN Hydration System is securly and easily connected to the Gas Mask via the respective GML. The soldier to drinks from his CBRN protected bladder through his gas mask when operating in a contaminated environment. The GML is directly mounted to the CBRN Tube so it cannot be lost or misplaced. Our CBRN Hydration System is compatible with the most common gas masks (Type A, F and M, Threadlock or costumized).
During a CBRN incident, the CBRN Hydration System offers protection during 6-24 hours, depending on the type of pollution.
Compatible Gas Mask Types
- Type A: S10, FM12, M50/53 series
- Type F:
- Type M: M17, M40, M70 series and C4
- Threadlock: IDF Gasmask
- Costumized: supplied without GML, with an optional CBRN protected Quick Connector, which allows the manufacturer to adapt any costumized GML to the Quick connector